The concept of forming an alumni association to represent UCLA's Latino
students, staff, and alumni had been discussed for many years before a
small group of dedicated individuals decided to take on the project. In
1989, The UCLA Latino Alumni Association was officially introduced to the
- To provide an opportunity for alumni to take advantage of the social,
intellectual, cultural, and educational resources of UCLA.
- To promote access to UCLA's academic, administrative, and economic
resources for the advancement of the Latino Community.
- To promote the recruitment and success of latino students, faculty,
- To provide financial, academic, social, and professional support to
Latino students, faculty, and staff.
The purpose of the UCLA LAA is to organize Latino Alumni and other friends
of UCLA for the benefit and advancement of the Latino community, alumni,
students, faculty, and staff.
There are many opportunities within UCLA LAA where you can make a difference.
Here are a few examples:
- Membership - recruiting new members to the organization and developing
social, professional, and cultural events.
- University Relations - recruiting new students and staff to UCLA and
insuring their success.
- Community Relations - working with the community promoting issues
of interest and importance to the UCLA LAA membership.
- Finance - raising funds to maintain and further develop UCLA LAA's
Should you like additional information about the UCLA Latino
Alumni Association contact:
UCLA Alumni Association